People Are Sharing The Dumb Things They've Witnessed Their S.O. Do And It's Kinda Shocking
"She ate cold turkey to try and quit smoking."
Yesterday, a viral Reddit thread asked users, "What’s the dumbest thing your significant other has said or done?" The conversation quickly went viral, as more and more people started chiming in with the most ridiculous things they've witnessed their partners do.
Here are some of the funniest responses:
1. "My boyfriend thought a sushi roll was a cross section of a raw eel."
2. "As we were driving along the road we saw a horse with its head over a gate. We slowed down, she opens the window and says, 'Moooooo.'"
3. "In high school, my girlfriend said, 'Do you know what I just realized? There's no state that starts with the letter F!' We lived in Florida."
4. "She told me she only waxes her legs, because if you shave one hair, then it splits and two grow back in its place."
5. "As I'm in labor with our daughter, my husband asks 'Do you want her to have an innie or an outie belly button?' Weird question, but whatever. So I tell him I don't mind either way, both are cute. And then he says 'Yeah, but when the doctor asks, which should we pick for her?'"
6. "Tried to make baked potatoes in the microwave for the first time. Wrapped them in tinfoil. Came to ask me why there were lightning bolts in the microwave and why was it getting very hot."
7. "She ate cold turkey to try and quit smoking."
8. "I asked him to plant a baby tree in the back garden. The next day I saw it and thought it looked strange. Walked up and it had been planted upside down. He thought the roots were tiny limp branches. Laughed for days."
9. "We bought a new car. She asked me if I changed the settings to Spanish because it said ‘Ajar’ on the dash when the door was open."
10. "My girlfriend attended my graduation and afterwards she said to me, 'Man, there were a lot of people with the last name Lawdy.' Each time someone was given their degree, it was announced whether they were graduating 'cum laude' or not."
11. "My now ex-girlfriend got a Polaroid camera for Christmas. Jokingly one day I said 'Does it take videos?' And she very seriously said, 'I’m sure it does, but I haven’t tried that feature yet.'"
12. "I love my husband but I have watched him empty a vacuum cleaner bag into a wire wastebasket."
13. "My boyfriend as we were looking up at the beautiful night sky: 'Wow, there's so much we don't know about the universe. Like where the stars go during the day. Are they still there? If not, where do they go?'"
14. "I had a girlfriend in high school who genuinely thought that when people died in movies, they killed the person in real life."
15. "She was on the phone, trying to describe where we are to her parents: 'We are behind the car that’s in front of us.' I lost it."
16. "He picked up our friend's keys, thinking one of her keychains was a laser pointer. It was mace."
17. "I have a fan with different settings labelled 'L' 'M' and 'H' for how fast the fan spins. She was looking at it and told me she set the fan to 'Large.'"
18. "He is super grossed out by periods. When I asked him what he would do if we had a daughter he replied, 'I just won't change her diaper that time of the month.'"
19. "My boyfriend thought that hamsters laid eggs."
20. "My high school girlfriend said that she was going to pick up some birth control from 'Planet Parenthood.' I said, 'Uhhh, don’t you mean Planned Parenthood?'"
21. "Her power had gone out. She called me crying, saying she had so much homework to complete. I told her to drive to my house since I still had power. She yelled at me saying 'How do you expect me to do that...my headlights won’t work!'"
Note: Some responses have been edited for length or clarity.