1. Only licensed electricians are allowed to change lightbulbs in Victoria.
2. Also in Victoria, it's illegal to wear pink hot pants after midday on Sunday.
3. In Queensland, taxis are required by law to carry a bale of hay in the boot of the car.
4. It is illegal to walk on the right hand side of the footpath.
5. In Brisbane, you must sweep the footpath outside your home daily before 8:30am or face a $5,000 fine, with an increase of $500 for each additional day.
6. When swimming at Brighton Beach in Victoria, it's illegal to wear anything less than a neck to knee swimsuit.
7. If you're travelling by horse in New South Wales and stop at a bar, the bar is required by law to stable, water and feed your horse for you while you're there.
8. Spitting on any Brisbane street is illegal.
9. It's illegal for kids to buy cigarettes, but not illegal for them to smoke them.
10. It is illegal to roam the streets wearing black clothes, felt shoes and black shoe polish on your face as these items are the tools of a cat burglar.
11. Until the Port Arthur Massacre in 1996, it was legal to own an AK-47 but not to be gay in Tasmania.
12. Ever sung a rude song in public? In Adelaide and Melbourne, that's illegal.
13. It is illegal to leave your car keys unattended in your vehicle.
14. It is illegal to wear a disguise without a lawful excuse.
15. In South Australia, if you lose something and advertise a reward for its return with no questions asked, you can be fined up to $500.
16. And in Victoria, it's illegal to drive with a dog or goat harnessed to your car in a public place.
Note: a bunch of these laws were sourced from DumbLaws.com, which may not be the most accurate of websites, so don't try using this post for your legal defence ;-)