We recently asked BuzzFeed Community to tell us who was the scariest cartoon villain of all time. Here are some of the frightening results.
1. Ursula — The Little Mermaid
I vividly remember hiding behind a couch for half of that movie because of her.
2. The Horned King — The Black Cauldron
3. King Ramses — Courage the Cowardly Dog
I couldn’t change the channel fast enough when that episode came on. I still remember myself screaming, “Just return the slab Eustace!”
4. The Nightmare King — Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland
I would often watch the movie only until he was released, then nope.
5. Rasputin — Anastasia
NO LIMB is attached! Plus, the way the animators made his body parts fall gave me nightmares as a kid.
6. Cruella De Vil — 101 Dalmatians
The scene when she’s in her car and her hair’s all crazy and her eyes are all red still scares the crap out of me. I have to look away every time I watch that part.
7. HIM — The Powerpuff Girls
Scared the shit out of me then, scares the shit out of me now.
8. Mumm-Ra — ThunderCats
He scared the crap out of me when he was a mummy-like creature and when he became all powerful and muscular.
— Rachael Rafferty, Facebook
9. Judge Frollo — The Hunchback of Notre Dame
He always freaked me out. Then, I grew up and understood what he really meant when he threatened Esmerelda. Now, I’m even more terrified of him.
10. Tweety Bird (as Mr. Hyde) — Looney Tunes episode "Hyde and Go Tweet"
He creeped me out to no end. Why would they even do that to Tweety?!
11. Carface Carruthers — All Dogs Go to Heaven
He was downright sadistic. Actually, pretty much everything in that whole movie terrified me.
— Hayley Nelson, Facebook
12. The Witch — Snow White
I got so scared of her, I ran and hid under my sister’s bed. I think it was her crooked nose and warts that did me in. Not to mention that creepy voice.
13. General Woundwort — Watership Down
As a child he made me literally cry with fear.
— Zoë Arquette, Facebook
14. Chernabog — Fantasia
I would run out of the room and hide anytime “the bat” showed up.
15. The Giant Magnet — The Brave Little Toaster
It freaked me out so much. The creepy music doesn’t help, and the fact that it's HUNTING THEM DOWN, and there's nowhere to hide, scarred me for life.
16. Hexxus — FernGully: The Last Rainforest
He was so terrifying! He's probably the reason I recycle so well today...
— Sara Weaver, Facebook
17. Jafar — Aladdin
When I hear something in the middle of the night, I picture him in the corner of my room, waiting to strike.
18. Darla Dimple — Cats Don't Dance
Sure, she was a brat, but that crazy kid wanted to get a bunch of animals killed just so they didn't steal her spotlight. That's downright terrifying.
— Kraig Spinale, Facebook
19. Crud — The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh episode "Cleanliness Is Next to Impossible"
I wouldn't go near my bed for a good long time after watching this episode.
— Gwen Miller, Facebook
20. Hopper — A Bug's Life
He haunted me, and I always thought he was lurking in the shadows in my room.
21. Lawrence Limburger — Biker Mice from Mars
There was nothing more terrifying to me than seeing someone constantly peel their face off to reveal a monster underneath.
— Fallen Rose, Facebook
22. Fidget — The Great Mouse Detective
I'm 21 years old, and I still can't watch that terrifying scene in the toy shop.
— Rebecca Robinson, Facebook
23. And, Judge Doom — Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Not even a question! Although he pretended to be human for most of the film, once he revealed his toon-self, he was definitely the stuff of nightmares. Without a doubt.