Married People Are Sharing The Secrets They'll Never Tell Their Spouse, And This Changes Everything
"She won $4.5 million in the lottery and kept it from her husband for YEARS."
1. "I made out with my husband's older brother and sister while he was in the other room. I'll never tell him what happened."
2. "The only reason I’m still with my husband is because there’s no way I can afford to live on my own. I wouldn’t be able to afford rent for a simple apartment, and my health insurance would get taken away. Furthermore, there’s no way I would be able to afford a divorce attorney to make sure everything gets settled properly. I feel trapped. He’s an amazing man, a great provider, and a great friend, but I’m not in love with him anymore."
3. "A week before I married my wife, I got really drunk with my best friend (a man, like me), and we ended up making out and giving each other blowjobs. During the whole ceremony, we kept exchanging awkward glimpses. We've never discussed what happened with each other. I never told my wife (or anyone), but I still think about the experience and get all hot and bothered."
4. "My husband thinks I finished my bachelor's degree. I didn't. I dropped out and faked it for the last semester. That was five years ago and now we're married and I still haven't told him the truth."
5. "I was in love with my husband's cousin and had a semi-sexual relationship with him before he stated he wanted to just be friends. I moved on with my now-husband a month or so after that, and we're happily married, but I still think of his cousin and what could've been. He broke my heart by ending things."
6. "I've been married for three years. Before we got married, he asked if I'd paid off all my credit card debt. I’m not the best with money, and he’s very responsible with it. I said yes because I knew he'd be mad if I said I didn’t. We had argued about this multiple times before, and I didn’t want it to affect our special day. After three years, I’m still about $10,000 in debt, and he has no clue...."
7. "When I was engaged, I was at a friend's wedding and fooled around with another guy. I told my fiancé that the other guy and I only kissed in a random, drunken moment. In reality, we did A LOT more than just kiss. Now, after more than 10 years of marriage and several kids later, I still feel guilty about it."
8. "I went through a six-month period of shoplifting. I wasn't in the best frame of mind, and I just couldn’t stop. One time I got caught by security at Target, and thankfully they let me go. It could have ended much, much worse. My husband would NOT be okay with that information, and I'll never tell him."
9. "My husband and I have been together for almost 10 years. About two years into our relationship, I realized that I'm bisexual. I was desperate to sleep with a woman, so I hired a sex worker and had the most amazing afternoon with her. My husband has no idea — it would break his heart if he knew. I love him completely, but I think about that sexual experience all the time and wish I could do it again."
10. "I posed for Playboy when I was 18, and I kept it a secret from my husband for years. One day, I finally told him (it’s not something that comes up in conversation very naturally 🤷🏼♀️), and he had no problem with it."
11. "I’ve been married twice. My first husband and I got pregnant at 17, and my dad made us get married. We split amicably three years later, but we didn’t get divorced right away due to a lack of funds. We didn’t actually file the paperwork for another six years, which was a year after my second husband and I started dating. I never told him that I was married to someone else during the entire first year of our relationship."
12. "When I get out of the shower, I always dry off with a towel. However, for some reason, my butt crack is never dry enough, so every time I walk to the bedroom to get dressed, I secretly use my husband's side of the blanket to finish drying my butt crack."
13. "I'm a woman, and my husband thinks my number of sexual partners is a lot lower than it really is. My number is in the 80s, but I told him it was only 18. I have never cheated in a relationship, and I’ve always had safe sex. I just really enjoyed sex. I’ve been judged for it by guys in the past a lot, and I told myself I wasn’t ever going to tell another one the truth."
14. "I got pregnant the very first time my now-husband and I slept together. I was in my very early twenties and didn’t know him well, so there was no question that I'd have an abortion. I never told him about it because I never expected to keep dating him. It was the right call at that time in my life..."
15. "My spouse and I quit smoking together soon after we started dating in 2013, but I've been secretly vaping for almost two years now. I know it's absolutely horrible for me, and I think my husband would be really upset/disappointed if I told him, so I've been keeping it to myself."
16. "My boss got me into online gambling. I lost more than $500 incredibly quickly and have kept it a secret from my husband."
17. "When I was single, I had an on-and-off affair with my married best friend for a few years. My husband always asks me if my friend and I have ever hooked up, but I always denied it. I’m not proud of it, but I’ll take that secret to the grave."
18. "I've never told my husband that I absolutely HATE the three kids he has from his previous marriage. I've despised them since the moment I met them. I can't stand them. They literally disgust me. They are NOTHING like him."
19. And finally, "My mom's friend won about $4.5 million in the lottery and didn't tell her husband for almost two years. He was a real blue-collar guy who just went to work and came home, and she was responsible for all of the finances. One day, she walked into his factory, told him she'd won the lottery, and said everything was paid off and that they were going to both retire. And they did. They are the happiest couple I've ever met."
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and clarity.