1. Kirsten Storm, Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century
Zenon was arrested in September of 2007 for a DUI. Since then, the now 29-year-old actress has starred on several soap operas, and she’s currently pregnant with her first baby. Zetus lapetus.
2. Shia LaBeouf, Even Stevens
Easily one of the most famous Disney Channel stars, you probably already know that Shia was arrested in 2008 for driving under the influence. He quickly shed that Disney persona, and now he’s one of the world’s biggest box office successes.
3. Lalaine, Lizzie McGuire
Lizzie McGuire’s BFF was arrested in 2008 for possession of meth. She hasn’t done much acting since the Disney Channel, but true fans recognized Lalaine in her minor role in Easy A.
4. Dutch Elijah Whitlock, High School Musical
The “I play the cello” guy from HSM was arrested in 2008 for trying to rob a pizza place at gunpoint. He hasn’t acted in anything since 2007.
6. Jason Weaver, Smart Guy
The oldest brother from Smart Guy was arrested in the summer of 2011 for defecating on someone’s lawn. Since Disney, he has occasionally acted in some minor roles, most notably in The Ladykillers.
7. Mitchel Musso, Hannah Montana
In 2011, at 20 years old, the star was sent to jail for a DUI. He’s currently the voice of Jeremy on Disney’s Phineas and Ferb.
8. Ryan Merriman, Smart House and The Luck of the Irish
In November of 2011, Ryan was arrested under suspicion of driving under the influence. Besides working on the Disney Channel, he’s starred in the Final Destination series.
9. Brian Bonsall, Blank Check
After starring in your favorite Disney movie, Brian was arrested for two DUIs in 2001 and 2004, and then he was charged for second-degree assault against his girlfriend in 2007. Brian was in Family Ties and Star Trek: The Next Generation as a child, but he hasn’t acted since 1994.
10. Anneliese van der Pol, That’s So Raven
Raven’s best friend was arrested in 2006 for drunk driving, and her blood alcohol level was more than twice the legal limit. Anneliese returned to the Disney Channel in 2011 to star in an episode of Shake it Up.
11. Mackenzie Phillips, So Weird
The star of this underrated original series was arrested in 2008 for possession of cocaine and heroin. Mackenzie also starred in the Disney Channel original movie Double Teamed in 2002.
12. Omar Gooding, Smart Guy
Cuba Gooding Jr.’s younger brother was arrested in August of 2013 for driving under the influence. Since Smart Guy and his hosting gig on Nickelodeon’s Wild and Crazy Kids, Omar has had a pretty steady acting career.
13. Mischa Barton, A Ring of Endless Light
The star of this 2002 Disney Channel movie was arrested in 2007 for a DUI. But you probably remember her best as Marissa Cooper from The O.C..
14. David Henrie, Wizards of Waverly Place
David Henrie was arrested in 2010 for “allegedly challenging someone to fight,” but eye-witnesses said it was a misunderstanding and all out of self-defense. Outside of the Disney Channel, he plays Ted Mosby’s son on How I Met Your Mother.
15. Lindsay Lohan, Life-Size and Get a Clue
You’ve probably heard of Lindsay Lohan before. You know, she was arrested a few times from 2007 to 2012 for DUIs and violating her probation. A few stints in rehab later, L.L. is back on track, guest-hosting and starring in a string of new features.
16. Phil Lewis, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody
In 1991, “Mr. Moseby” was charged with manslaughter for killing a 21-year-old girl while drunk driving. Since the incident, Phil Lewis has appeared on Friends, Yes, Dear, and multiple Disney Channel shows.
- The suspect wanted for killing 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub on New Years Day has been captured, Turkish media reports.
- People are arguing about whether those who are anti-abortion rights should participate in the upcoming Women's March.
- Umm. Over half of the population across 22 countries believe their system is failing and rigged, a new poll says 🌎🤔
- For MLK Day, we're taking a look at some rare pictures of Martin Luther King Jr.