2. Of course you do, it was amazing. Julie Andrews gave her blessing and everything.
3. But if you thought that performance couldn’t be topped, you were dead wrong. A video of the U.K. cast of The Sound of Music putting on their very own “Sound of Gaga” musical appeared online today, and it’s going to be one of your favorite things:
9. Director of photography Anton Belmonté told BuzzFeed News the production was actually filmed in April of last year and was never intended to be released online.
“I had just filmed the trailers for Sound of Music and Jesus Christ Superstar,” Belmonté explained. “Chris Clegg from BLK Ltd asked me to come backstage and speak to both Danielle Hope and Jeremy Wootton. They proposed the idea to me and a few weeks later we filmed it with very little budget.”
Belmonté, who has loved The Sound of Music since he was very young, filmed and edited the footage himself. “The songs took a few rehearsals to get right and sounding good. It was a bit crazy to start with, but the operatic tones and Gaga style fused so well.”
From start to finish, the production was turned around in two weeks, but because they hadn’t yet heard back from the Rodgers and Hammerstein estate for approval, the crew wasn’t planning on sharing the video — until, to their surprise, it was posted online.
11. Mother Monster herself took to Twitter to congratulate the crew on putting together such a magical show.
- Explosions outside of a major sports stadium in Istanbul, Turkey, on Saturday evening have injured at least 38 people.
- Trump will reportedly pick ExxonMobil's CEO Rex Tillerson as secretary of state. He has a long history of oil deals with Russia.
- Gen. David Petraeus helped block the autopsy of an Afghan man who died mysteriously in US custody, emails show.
- People are in love with a dog who rides around in a decked out dog car spreading Christmas cheer to hospital patients 🐶🎄