1. Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D is rumored to be adding another character from the original comic book series.
2. Step in British actress Saffron Burrows.
3. Latino Review reports that Burrows will take on the role of Agent Victoria Hand, the first openly gay character on the show.
4. A description of the comic book’s character:
Three years before the Skrull Invasion, Victoria Hand was an accountant for S.H.I.E.L.D., who was in a relationship with another agent named Isabelle. Victoria was determined to send a letter informing Director Nick Fury how he was mishandling the War on Terror. Isabelle implored Victoria not to send the letter but Victoria did anyways and was transferred immediately to Portland, Oregon. As a result, Isabelle, furious that she did not listen to her, ended their relationship.
8. Here is what you should know about the lovely Saffron Burrows — besides the obvious fact she has the world’s most perfect cheekbones.
10. She is equally, it not more, beautiful than the flower she is named for.
11. With her statuesque beauty, it’s no surprise that at the age of 15 she was discovered by a modeling agent.
She modeled in Paris and London for Chanel, Yves Saint-Laurent and Vivienne Westwood.
- Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has died after suffering from cardiac arrest this morning, a day before his 65th birthday.
- Senator Ron Wyden will soon introduce legislation requiring warrants before phones can be searched at the US border.