Quality television shows are usually lacking in lesbian characters with real depth and true character.
Orange Is the New Black is not one of those shows.
There are many reasons we all should be thankful the series not only exists, but will be around for a second season:
1. The show is written by women, for women, starring a whole lot of different women.
2. In the first five minutes, you get to see this:
3. Because unlike other shows that only give lesbian subtext...
...or avoid portraying them at all...
...this show is full of lesbians!
4. It manages to give an honest portrayal of the great mystery that is bisexuality:
The writers don't shy away from the characters' sexualities.
5. In fact, it's discussed openly:
6. The show touches upon one of the most important lady-loving life lessons:
7. Bonus? You get to crush on Laura Pepron, aka Donna from That '70s Show, all over again.
8. The goddess that is Natasha Lyonne will be brought back into your life.
And you'll wonder how you've been getting on without her.