1. This is Australian basketball star and Olympian Patty Mills.
2. He is currently bossing it for the Boomers in Rio.
3. (Semi-final vs Serbia tips off at 08:00 AEST Saturday – C'mon Straya 🇦🇺 🏀)
4. Patty is a proud Indigenous Australian from the Torres Strait, at the very tip of Queensland.
5. He began his career shooting hoops on Thursday Island, through a basket made by his Grandad.
6. He's spent the past five seasons playing for the San Antonio Spurs in the NBA.
7. (He won the NBA championship with them in 2014)
8. A proud Australian, Patty never forgets where he comes from.
9. Or his roots. Like this time, when he schooled then Prime Minister Tony Abbott on Australian culture and history.
This followed Mr Abbott's comments on the development of Australia since white settlement in 1788, when he said:
"It's hard to think that back in 1788 Australia was nothing but bush, and that the marines and the convicts and the sailors that struggled off those 12 ships just a few hundred yards from where we are now must have thought they'd come almost to the moon."
Preach Patty, preach:
"I absolutely love educating the rest of the world on Australian Culture and Heritage so I just want to take the time to clarify that... Australia was not 'nothing but bush'. In fact, it was a place with societies, systems & principles. My guess is that it was beautiful then too. The Marines, Convicts and Sailors were nowhere near the moon... The moon doesn't have Kangaroos and Koalas. I'm proud of where I come from and I like to represent my country the right way."