1. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
2. When you walk into a bar, what do you typically order?
Depends on the occasion. Could be a Hefeweizen, or a seltzer with lime, or a Coors Light.
3. What's the one word you are guilty of using too often?
4. What is the last thing you searched for on Google?
The spelling of Hefeweizen.
5. Who is the last person that called or texted you?
Just got off the phone with Momma.
6. What's the wallpaper on your phone and/or computer?
Right now it's just a cool blue-grey background color. I should prolly update it. I used to have a pic of my maternal grandparents whom I never got to meet.
7. What was the last awkward situation you were in and how did you handle it?
This Uber driver didn't speak or respond to anything verbal — I'd ask a question or say "this is the turn here" and they wouldn't answer. Sometimes they wouldn't even make the turn. I'd say "uh, we just missed it," and then after a beat, they'd look at their GPS and then make a U-turn. No words. It was very bizarre. I communicated as best I could, finally arrived at destination, and said, "Thank you." They didn't even look back. I think I caught a half-second of eye contact in the rearview mirror, but can't be sure. I always give five stars. Couldn't do it this time.
8. What is your TV guilty pleasure?
NBA TV at any hour during the NBA season.
9. What's the first CD you bought?
Michael Jackson Thriller on cassette. That was the first album. First CD...hmm, can't remember for sure. Maybe The Beatles anthology. Either that or MTV Party to Go Volume 2.
10. And what music are you currently listening to?
I'm having fun with Spotify pulling up old favorites, and I love this Pandora channel I recently discovered called Brunch Cafe Radio.
11. What is the one food you cannot resist?
Used to be FroYo. Now it's cottage cheese. Don't judge.
12. What movie makes you laugh the most?
From the last few years, The Heat stands out. But so many come to mind: Wet Hot American Summer, So I Married an Axe Murderer, Ace Ventura, The Nutty Professor,
Liar Liar, 40-Year-Old Virgin, The Hangover, Shaun of the Dead. I could go on and on — don't make me choose just one.
13. What toppings do you like on your pizza?
Mushroom, onions, maybe pepperoni.
14. What drives you absolutely crazy?
Entitlement, impatience, negative gossip.
15. What was your first online screen name?
I don't know. I was assigned an email name in college "aa291." I guess there were 290 undergrads with my same initials who attended Columbia University prior to me.
16. What’s the last thing you copied and pasted on your phone?
A link to the Fort Lauderdale Film Festival.
17. What’s your favorite curse word?
Rhymes with "buck."
18. What's your favorite emoji?
19. Pick one: kittens or puppies?
Puppies puppies puppies. I'm allergic to cats and find them to be very self-involved (some would say independent, eh). Pups are pure love.
20. New York or Los Angeles?
NY in my 20s. LA in my 30s.
21. Twitter or Instagram?
Prolly Twitter. Still getting used to Instagram. Just say no to Snapchat.
22. Bacon or Nutella?
23. Britney or Christina?
24. Coffee or tea?
25. NSYNC or BSB?
New Kids on the Block. The actor Donnie Wahlberg was in that group!
26. 2 a.m. or 2 p.m.?
2 a.m. I'm working on it tho.
27. Beyoncé or Rihanna?
28. Netflix and chill or just Netflix?
Netflix and chill.
29. Hannah Montana or Lizzie McGuire?
30. And finally: tell us a secret.
Then it would cease to be a secret...