17 Things You Need To Know About The 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup
Soccer fans unite. It's about that time.
1. The 2015 Women's World Cup starts on June 6...and this is how we feel about it.
2. This year it will be hosted in Canada for the first time ever.
3. This will be the seventh time the tournament will take place.
4. The games will be played at stadiums located in six different cities...
5. ...and 24 teams will compete to be the world champion.
6. It will all start with group play.
7. Group D is considered the "group of death" because it has three teams in the top 10 FIFA rankings.
8. The top five ranked teams going into the tournament are 1) Germany, 2) USA, 3) Japan, 4) France, and 5) Sweden.
9. Japan is the reigning champ.
10. Germany and the United States are tied for the most titles held (two).
Pictured above: the U.S. in 1999 and Germany in 2007.