1. “Firework” — Katy Perry
Katy Perry is a fantastic pop song writer, but Lea Michele’s voice turns this song into an experience.
2. “Jar Of Hearts” — Christina Perri
This one comes down to whether you’re a fan of Michele’s power vocals over a subtler treatment. I am.
3. “Chasing Pavements” — Adele
Adele is wonderful, but Melissa Benoist’s voice is perfectly suited to this sad jam.
4. “When I Get You Alone” — Robin Thicke
Darren Criss and the Warblers turn this Thicke groove into an epic romance.
5. “What Kind Of Fool” — Barbra Streisand and Barry Gibb
Technically this song never aired on the show, but it made it onto the Warblers album for a reason.
6. “Teenage Dream” — Katy Perry
Proof Katy writes a great song!
7. “What I Did For Love” — A Chorus Line
Lea Michele’s voice.
8. “Cry” — Kelly Clarkson
Again, I say, Lea Michele’s voice.
9. “Shake It Out” — Florence And The Machine
Look at the chills Naya Rivera, Amber Riley, and Jenna Ushkowitz just put on your forearms.
10. “Tongue-Tied” — Grouplove
OK, I admit part of the reason I love this song was that it was a perfect final moment for the original Glee cast.
11. “River Deep, Mountain High” — Ike and Tina Turner
It’s honestly a shame that Rivera and Riley don’t sing together more.
12. “Love You Like A Love Song” — Selena Gomez
Rivera’s rasp is perfection.
13. “Girls Just Want To Have Fun” — Cyndi Lauper
Cory Monteith’s greatest performance.
14. “It’s All Coming Back To Me Now” — Celine Dion
15. “Rumor Has It / Someone Like You” — Adele
Technically a mash-up, but this version takes the best parts of both songs and comes up with something even greater.
16. “I Feel Pretty / Unpretty” – West Side Story, TLC
Delicate acoustic guitar + two thematically opposed songs + tender vocals from Lea Michele and Dianna Agron = yes, please.
17. “Without You” – David Guetta
Suddenly you feel the loss and the want and the angst buried behind the EDM, all thanks to one Miss Rachel Berry.
18. “Landslide” – Dixie Chicks
Gotta give Goop props for doing the best cover of a cover (it doesn’t compare to the original but who cares).
Controversial picks ahead:
19. “Paradise By The Dashboard Light” — Meat Loaf
The original version is a wonderful, rambling thing. But the Glee version is lovely and fun and showcases the brilliance of Jim Steinman while being… easier to listen to.
20. “Don’t Make Me Over” — Dionne Warwick
Amber Riley was made for this song.
21. “How Will I Know” — Whitney Houston
This song perfectly — almost too perfectly? — melds four voices into the most beautiful a capella song ever performed on Glee.
22. “Poker Face” — Lady Gaga
This Idina Menzel/Marvin Hamlish arrangement is perfect.
23. “Smooth Criminal” – Michael Jackson
There is something about that cello, y’all.
24. “If I Were A Boy” – Beyoncé
I KNOW, IT’S BEYONCE. But Unique’s downtempo drama beats Queen B’s rage.
- President Trump delivered a fiery campaign-style speech to about 9,000 adoring supporters in Melbourne, Florida on Saturday afternoon.
- Norma McCorvey, the woman behind the landmark 1973 Supreme Court case, Roe v. Wade, has died in Texas at 69.
- A Washington DC public school has fired back at Education Secretary Betsy DeVos after she criticized its teachers.
- Donald Glover has been cast as Simba in Disney's remake of "The Lion King."