Festival season has arrived again, and everyone who doesn't go to one has to endure one thing.
And it's not your friend Doug talking about how "insane" it all was.
It's people wearing their festival wristband days, or even weeks after they've gone to a music festival.
The general consensus on social media is that they all need to be destroyed immediately.
1. For one thing, there's this assumption that wearing a wristband makes you smelly and unattractive.
2. But a wristband is so small part of you, how can it smell? Especially if you wash like a normal person.
3. And we all wear watches every day. So people telling you that a wristband smells is frankly crazy.
4. You might think that many wristbands is just us showing off our trip to others, but that's not true.
5. We wear them as it helps us remember things, just like when you go through old pictures on Instagram.
6. And having memories on your wrist feels so much nicer than having them deep in your mobile phone.
"Hey guys let's look manually through your photo album to rejog our memory."
7. And when you cut the strap, it's like deleting you're the memory, when you're not ready to let go.
8. Why does this feel so wrong?
9. Why does cutting it off feel like failure?
10. I mean we KNOW you can store our wristband in a box, but how many of us are that organised?
11. And you know that the moment you cut it off you're never going to see it again, so that's why we don't cut it off in the first place.
12. And it's not like it's easy to forget that you've cut it off either. The tanline reminds you of your LOSS.
13. And just look at that wristband. When it's cut off it doesn't look like the wristband you had at all.
Long live wristbands. May you stay on forever more.
YESNOThere are more important issues than this.
Oops. Something went wrong. Please try again later
Looks like we are having a problem on the server.
Is it acceptable to wear a festival wristband after the festival has ended?
vote votesThere are more important issues than this.