1. When the ceremony began with a countdown featuring a different London landmark every second.
And you annoyed everyone by shouting, "OH, I'VE SEEN THAT ONE."
2. Followed by the "Isle of Wonder" video consisting of this insane journey down the Thames.
3. And then it unexpectedly turned into EastEnders.
4. Then we swooped into the stadium and felt bad for the kids holding the No. 6 balloons.
5. But then all cynicism was swept aside when we heard these words being announced from the stadium.
6. We already knew what the first bit of the ceremony was going to be like because it had already been revealed.
But that didn't stop us all thinking...
7. But then Isambard Kingdom Brunel (Kenneth Branagh) came on and just absolutely nailed it.
8. Soon followed by these guys literally ripping up the set to show the arrival of the industrial revolution.
9. While these rich guys were dancing erotically.
10. At home you said: "How did those chimneys manage to rise up like that in such a short time?"
11. "Why are they getting in a fight with the chimneys?"
12. "What the hell is this, and where can I buy one?"
13. "Why have The Beatles turned up in the 1800s?"
14. And then you felt rather emotional when they showed the women's suffragette movement.
15. And immigrants arriving here from all over the world.
16. And the pause of remembrance in the middle.
17. When these people marched out, you got feels.
And you can't put your finger on why.
18. And then the rings started to come together.
19. Leading to "a moment that will live with us forever", according to the BBC commentary.
20. ...James Bond arrived with these psychedelic corgis.
21. We were then like, "No, that can't be the Queen."
22. OH MY GODDDDDDDDD, THE ACTUAL QUEEN.
The picture on the right was my Twitter feed at that moment.