1. iPhone Version: Instagram
Takes pictures and adds that timeless quality to them (also see: Japan’s Version).
Game Boy Version: Camera and Printer
An observable fact: modern photo effects and filters have not yet surpassed this technology.
2. iPhone Version: Bump
Wirelessly exchanges information with other users in one socially awkward gesture.
Game Boy Version: Game Boy Color Infrared Port
The only way to give yourself the best Pokémon from Red AND Blue.
3. iPhone Version: Mail
Allows you to readily access the World Wide Web to send Electronic Mail!
Game Boy Version: World Port
Okay this thing is completely amazing. It also had an address book for phone numbers and would play the dial tones for them. If you played these tones next to an real phone’s mouth piece, the phone would ACTUALLY CALL the number. My favorite hack of all time.
4. iPhone Version: Flashlight
Illuminates the otherwise unseeable.
Game Boy Version: Mad Katz Game Boy Color Magnifier
Others tried, but this in combination with #5 were the ultimate Game Boy-ing rig.
5. iPhone Version: Vibrate Function
Gets your attention subtly.
Game Boy Version: The Legendary Shock ‘n’ Rock
In the fields of ear-bleeding awesomeness and parental annoyance, there is no equal.
6. iPhone Version: AirPlay
Gets that image that normally goes on the small thing and puts it on the big thing.
Game Boy Version: Transfer Pak
There was no greater joy than Pokémon, other than Pokémon ON YOUR FREAKING N64, MOM.
7. iPhone Version: Game Center
A place to easily store and access your most cherished games, on the go.
Game Boy Version: This
I mean, come on.
See anything missing? Put yours in the comments!
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Thousands made it to the Women's March on Washington on Saturday to stand up for women's rights and protest Donald Trump.
- Trump's spokesman held a press conference on Saturday to blame grass coverings for "minimizing" the crowd at the inauguration 🤔
- Donald Trump lied about the size of the crowd at his inauguration while speaking to the CIA on Saturday, his first full day as president.
- "We shall overcomb." People across America got creative and made some pretty epic signs for the Women's March 🎨👭