1. Because Acadia National Park has some of the most beautiful views on earth.
2. And Mount Katahdin is breathtaking all year round.
3. Because you've never felt as peaceful as when you're canoeing on one of Maine's pristine lakes.
4. Because warm weather means sand between your toes and hunting for sea glass.
5. Because Mainers know how to keep it local...
6. ...but you never have to go far to feel cultured.
7. Because someone you know probably owns a boat.
8. But even if they don't, you can still spend a lazy afternoon on a sunny, salty pier.
9. Because this is your idea of an elevator...
10. ...and this is what traffic looks like.
11. Because you know where the word "moxie" came from.
12. Because there's a world of wildlife right in your dooryard.
13. And if you're looking for rare species, Maine is a birder's paradise.
14. Because you look forward to fiddlehead season every year.
15. Because you know the smaller berries are the sweetest.
16. And if you try blueberries from anywhere else, it's just not the same.
17. Also, let's not forget about the beautiful blueberry barrens.
18. Because you'll run into old friends at every local festival.
19. Because it has an ENTIRE TOWN where you can go shopping.
20. Because you know what a real winter looks like...
21. ...and you know how to handle it.
22. Because summer means spending a whole day at the fair.
23. Because there's always another lighthouse to explore.
24. And the most scenic places are often steeped in history.
25. Because you don't have to go far to find a lush, tranquil forest.
26. Because you don't know seafood unless you've eaten at a place like this.
27. And you can have lobster rolls for lunch every single day.
From Red's Eats in Wiscasset, ideally.
28. Because you're never too far from a piece of pie from Moody's Diner.
29. Because apple picking is a can't-miss autumn ritual.
30. Because Bean boots are appropriate for any occasion.
31. And you can never be overdressed.
32. Because you never lose that peculiar sense of humor.
Just ask the Humble Farmer.
33. Because the museums are one of a kind.
Yes, they also have rooms full of antique cars and dolls at the Bryant Stove Museum.