We asked the BuzzFeed Community to tell us which moments from Catfish they thought were ~truly~ the wildest. Here are the absolutely insane responses.
1. When this woman catfished her own cousin for THREE YEARS because he called her a "fat-ass Kelly Price."
2. When Nev called this catfish the fuck out.
3. When this rapper named Dee admitted she lured women into her bedroom by pretending to be Bow Wow online.
4. When Nev got fed 👏 up 👏 with an unresponsive catfish and threw his phone into the goddamn sea.
5. When Ja'mari admitted he had a criminal past that included stealing three buses, impersonating the drivers, and driving their routes. (???)
6. When this pair catfished each other and then found out they'd actually dated before.
7. When Whitney and Bre tricked Nev and Max into flying them out to meet each other because they couldn't afford the plane tickets.
8. When this married woman found out her husband was the one who'd been catfishing her all along.
9. When Mhissy showed up with a single red rose to confront the girl she'd been catfishing for two years.
10. When this catfish casually popped out her glass eye on camera.
11. When Alante found out his own godsister had been the one catfishing him for the past eight years.
12. When Tiana found out she was being catfished by her best friend Aisha's baby daddy.
13. When a guy named Isaak emailed Nev and Max pretending to be the girl he was catfishing.
14. When NBA player Chris "Birdman" Andersen and a girl named Paris Roxanne got catfished by the same person at the same time.
15. When a psychic wrote to 18-year-old Kayla claiming she was in contact with her dead father.
16. When this girl pretended to get catfished just so she could come out as gay on national television.
17. When Jose catfished a man for two years by faking a woman's voice on the phone.
18. When this creepy guy admitted he had been talking to (and catfishing) over 400 women.
19. When Ramon sent his online girlfriend "Paola" $2,000, which she used to buy herself an engagement ring and then told her friends he proposed.
20. When this woman named "Shawny" catfished Nev and Max for an entire episode.
21. This girl, Mary, who's been on the show THREE TIMES — twice as a catfish and once because she was being catfished.
22. When Lawrence's "catfish" turned out to be real, but then he admitted he was actually engaged.
23. And, of course, this dude who believed he was in an online relationship with Katy Perry for six years... even after Nev and Max proved he wasn't.
Some submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.