We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
1. A French style, tapered rolling pin gives you more control over the dough than one with handles would.
2. Silpat silicone baking mats are reusable, non-stick surfaces that promote even temperature/heat distribution.
3. Bake-even strips will prevent high-rise centers, cracked tops, and crusty edges from forming as you bake your cake.
5. A cupcake corer will let you get ~fancy~ with your cupcakes and insert a hidden layer of deliciousness within.
"The lower the protein, the less gluten development, and the airier the cake. Cake and pastry flour sits at around 6-8% protein, all-purpose flour at around 10%, and bread flour at 14-16%. The first time I made my go-to cupcakes with cake flour, it was like the heavens shone down and congratulated me on doing things right. Bread flour has more protein for the opposite effect—the gluten has to be strong enough to hold its own when being baked; it's how you get the springiness."
— Sandy Smith, Facebook
8. Nielsen-Massey uses a special cold-process method to draw out the delicate, distinctive flavor from vanilla beans, which are native to Mexico.
9. The KitchenAid Stand Mixer is definitely worth the investment because of its long-lasting nature.
12. Oven thermometers help you detect your oven's lies and make sure you end up with edible results.
13. A digital scale allows for more precise measuring and easier clean-up than traditional measuring cups.
15. These Wilton scoop-it batter spoons will ensure your cupcakes (or whatever else you make) are perfectly and evenly sized.
16. Expandable/stackable cooling racks save space and alleviate the struggles of waiting for your desserts to cool.
19. A pastry blender has many useful purposes from incorporating shortening/butter into dry ingredients to creating perfect pie crusts.
21. Glass bowls and baking dishes serve a variety of purposes and are safe to use in the oven, microwave, fridge, freezer, and dishwasher.
23. A sifter ensures all of your dry ingredients are aerated properly (say no to clumps!) and combine evenly.
25. A candy thermometer is essential for not only making candy and icing, but also for working with any sort of liquids.
The comments for this post may have been edited for length and clarity.