17 Reasons Why Jos. Louis Are The Ultimate Culinary Delight
And for the last time, it's pronounced "jo-loo-ee."
Let's all take a moment to appreciate the culinary perfection that was and continues to be a Jos. Louis snack cake.
1. At first glance, it looks like standard chocolate snack thing. Nothing impressive.
2. But when you bite into it, you come to the shocking revelation that no, this isn't just chocolate, it's red velvet.
3. It finally hits you. You have just discovered some sophisticated shit.
4. I mean, this thing is single-handedly responsible for putting red velvet on the map.
5. That chocolate. Those layers of cake. That ICING. It's nothing short of a masterpiece.
6. And it's not just a snack. It's a full fledged cake. It's whatever you want it to be.
7. When you were younger, it had the power to elevate a boring packed school lunch from a shitty sandwich to what felt like a 7-course meal.
8. But seriously. Is there anything better having one of these bad boys with a side of cold milk?
9. And yeah, yeah: They were meant to be a snack for children, but there's nothing about a Jos. Louis that is juvenile.
10. Rumour has it that they taste amazing if you put them in the freezer.
Before we continue, let's get a few things straight.
11. They are NOT Ding Dongs.
12. And don't waste your breathe calling them "whoopie pies" because they're not.
13. Please do not attempt to transform the Jos. Louis by making them at home or following an adorable Pinterest tutorial.
14. Don't you see? The Jos. Louis could never be improved upon. It's utter perfection.
15. And the only possible way to improve a Jos. Louis is to add more Jos. Louis.
16. And sure, they are messy as hell.
Chocolate coating. Everywhere.