Hi there! I'm Sarah. I'm a huge fan of life hacks that are actually helpful. I hate seeing ones online that are super involved, straight-up expensive, or overly complicated. So I wrote a post last week highlighting some actually doable life hacks and it looks like a lot of you enjoyed learning about them, too!
So I'm back with a fresh batch of life hacks. If you know a trick that's improved your life, feel free to comment below and I may include it in an upcoming BuzzFeed post. But for now, let's get to the good stuff:
1. "Pizza cutters are the most under utilized kitchen utensil." You can use them for so much more than just, well, pizza.
2. "Use a flashlight to help you find small dropped items like pins or staples. It's also way easier to spot small pieces of broken glass. You'll be able to see changes in texture and color more easily and the reflection from the flash will really help, even if you're looking in daylight."
3. "Duct tape a washcloth around a hanger to clean under your fridge and stove."
4. "When packing for a long road trip or camping, freeze gallon-sized milk bottles full of water to keep your food and drinks cold. Why buy ice? Plus, if the local water tastes bad or you don't have access to clean water, you can always let them melt and drink them."
5. "Our diaper bin broke so I am using a litter container instead. Just saved me $30."
6. "If you accidentally drop an eggshell into your bowl of eggs, scoop it out using the other half of the eggshell. The pieces will almost gravitate toward each other (wet fingers and strainer also work but find this to be the quickest and easiest)."
"THIS!!! More people need to know this!!! As well as checking for broken eggs in the carton at the grocery store before purchasing."
7. "One chopstick + two rubber bands = getting all the toothpaste out of the tube."
8. "If you're ever baking and realize you're out of eggs, use mayo. I go by this formula: three tablespoons of mayo equals one egg. You'll also be surprised that it makes things a little moister."
9. "Drink your coffee without watering it down. Just freeze coffee in an ice cube tray and store in your freezer."
10. "If you need to warm up cold butter in a hurry, simply heat a dish big enough to cover the amount of butter needed. I typically microwave the dish with a bit of water in it to help heat it up. Then, dry the dish and place it over the cold butter. Within five to seven minutes, the butter will be softened. It's way better than microwaving it. It's a quick simple hack that works 😊."
11. Throw your pillows in the dryer to help fluff them back up. "Who doesn't love fluffy pillows?!"
12. "Keep some dry-erase markers in the bathroom. They're great for writing out notes, to-dos, and reminders to take stuff like vitamins or medications. They work on most mirrors and glass shower doors. Plus, it's easy to wipe off. I like how when brushing my teeth at night I can quickly see what I have to do the next day."
"They also work on stainless steel fridges! Great for notes and grocery lists!"
13. "Put lemon juice on your apple slices to keep them from oxidizing for a couple days."
15. "I use a hairpin to mark the end of my tape."
16. "If you have deodorant stains on your clothes, simply rub them off using pantyhose. It works perfectly."
17. "Keep your craft beer fresh by covering it with a cat food cover. They have a duel purpose!"
18. "Use chopsticks when eating Cheetos to avoid 1) unsightly orange fingertips, and 2) getting cheesy dust on anything you touch during the Cheeto eating process."
Now, it's your turn! What's a life hack that you started doing that has improved your daily life? Comment below!
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.