35 Household Problem-Solving Products That Reviewers Swear By
From doubling your closet space to making sure your kitchen is operating at 100% efficiency, there's something for everyone on this list.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A set of Shoe Slotz for displaying all your gorgeous footwear without taking up so much space. Seriously, this product will cut the space down by half because of its smart design that holds one shoe on top of the other.
2. A set of poison- and pesticide-free "disgustingly effective" sticky insect traps to get any infestation of flying insects under control. Reviewers swear that these traps completely wipe out common houseplant insects.
3. A surge protector with six pivoting outlets to make sure you don't have to unplug one device to use another.
4. A pack of dishwasher tablets because the machine that cleans your dishes actually needs to be cleaned as well. The tablets are formulated to remove the most common dishwasher stains, like lime and mineral build-up.
Promising review: "I had tried lots of white vinegar for two cycles in my 20-year-old dishwasher for the cloudy and powdery dinginess it had started showing and it only helped about 30%. We have very hard water. This zapped the buildup and glass is clear again and colored plastics no longer have the powder-like coating. So glad I took a chance on this!" —J. Holden
Get it from Amazon for $5.38+ (available in packs of six or 12).
5. An automatic, odor-absorbing, sensor-activated trash can made of fingerprint-proof stainless steel. Honestly, this trash can does so much work that you might as well write it a paycheck.
6. A pee-finding UV flashlight for pinpointing the exact spot of that terrible smell. It's designed to detect food stains and pet urine stains on rugs, carpets, and clothes that are otherwise invisible to the naked eye.
7. A pack of bed-sheet suspenders that will make sure your fitted sheets never slip off the corners of your mattress. Why does it ALWAYS happen in the middle of the night, too? This product makes sure you never have to deal with that drama again.
8. An underwear and sock divider insert because you deserve to open a drawer and actually see what your options are instead of feeling like you're staring into the abyss.
9. An over-the-door shoe organizer for all the shoes that currently reside on your floor. It won't take up valuable closet space, and the protective sleeves mean no more dust accumulation.
10. Or if you're a person who wears large shoes, this 24-pocket hanging shoe organizer made specifically for shoes up to a men's size 16.
11. A bottle of powdered Bar Keepers Friend, which is a bleach-free cleaner to remove rust, tarnish, mineral deposits, and tough stains from almost any type of surface — indoor or out.
The hardworking formula is safe for use on surfaces in your bathroom and kitchen — including cookware!
Promising review: "This stuff is like magic! Straight-up wizardry. I love it! I initially bought it to clean my sink, which is porcelain and even though it's not even a year old, is just holding on to all the coffee and tea staining. I'd say it took less than a minute after making a paste with Bar Keepers Friend to clean the sink up to a nearly new shine. Taking a look at the can it's easy to find bunches of ways to use this stuff and each application is better than the last. Stainless steel, porcelain, ceramic, copper, brass, fiberglass, corian, chrome and aluminum. See? Magic! Anyhow, I've used it in the sink, in the bathroom, to clean stainless steel pots and pans on a 17-year-old Revereware tea kettle (which I thought would never be restored to its former loveliness, btw). This is a product that I will buy again and again and will happily recommend to anyone." —Nicci Stephenson
Get it from Amazon for $7.79+ (available in packs of one, two, or three).
12. A pet hair remover if your pet's hair is literally everywhere. Sofas, blankets, even clothing...this roller will make sure it all gets removed.
Promising review: "Where has this been all my cat-loving life? Sticky rollers work fine for clothes, but this is the only product that has ever COMPLETELY removed all the cat hair from my bed. I have a long-haired 20-pound tabby and if you run your hands up his back a few times and fling the hair everywhere, it looks like it's snowing — he never stops shedding no matter what I do. After using the ChomChom, I can put on a black dress and roll around on my bed and not get a single hair on me. It's absolutely amazing. Everyone is getting one for Christmas, even if they don't have a pet. I don't care, it's THAT good." —Stephanie
Get it from Amazon for $24.95.
13. A bottle of organic Joyful Dirt concentrated plant food and fertilizer that you simply sprinkle onto soil or mix into water (for your watering can). Reviewers swear that their houseplants grow faster and bigger after using this product for a short period of time.
14. A "things to do around the house" pad for keeping yourself and others accountable. It also has a shopping list section that everyone can contribute to.
15. A reusable silicone bag that's perfect for storing leftovers. These baddies are leakproof, dishwasher-safe, and can be used in the freezer.
16. A magnetized kitchen conversions chart to put on your fridge for quick conversions. Isn't it the worst when you're cooking up a storm, only to realize you need to halt what you're doing to calculate a measurement conversion? Never again!
17. A double closet rod for literally doubling your closet's hanging space. Like why isn't this standard in all closets?!?!
18. A set of magnetic spice jar dispensers to show what spice is in the jar through a clear window in the front. This is also the perfect product for anyone who's short on cabinet space but has a lot of spices.
19. A hangable T-shirt organizer if you collect T-shirts like it's your job. It's so annoying to open a drawer and see a pile of shirts and have no idea what's at the bottom. With this organizer, everything is on display but without taking up valuable closet or drawer space.
20. A pack of 30 nonslip velvet hangers that are flatter than traditional hangers and keep slippery clothes from sliding off (we're looking at you, spaghetti straps).
21. A hanging three-tiered drying surface for drying damp clothes right in your closet. It can hold up to 10 pounds, which will come in handy during sweater weather.
22. A drip catcher for soaking up water splashes and puddles that form around your kitchen faucet. Pools of standing water on your countertop can increase bacteria growth, and this product makes sure that never happens.
23. A best-selling stain and odor remover that harnesses the power of citrus oil to combat the toughest stains and smells. Reviewers love it because it's simple and effective, but also because the smell of oranges is a nice touch.
Promising review: "LOVE this stuff! Great smell and stains come right out! New puppy went frequently in one room and made that room stink even after using almost a whole bottle of a different cleaner. One spray with this and all the smell was gone! Just a quick squirt and quick wipe-off, no real scrubbing." —Amazon customer
Get it from Amazon for $20.97+ (available in two sizes).
24. A pack of food spikes for fertilizing every type of flowering and foliage houseplant you have. Each stick provides up to two months of food for your plants — eliminating the need to constantly fertilize and check the soil for nutrients. Seriously, this product will change your life. It also has over 35,000 5-star reviews, which is really saying something!
25. An eight-piece, stackable glass bowl set, because prepping food can get dizzying if you aren't organized. These tiny but mighty bowls can hold chopped veggies or fruit, grains, leftovers, you name it.
26. A pack of pH-neutral stainless steel wipes to remove fingerprints, streaks, smudges, and all the other junk that finds its way onto your fridge's surface.
Promising review: "OMG!!! I can’t believe I didn’t know about this product! I was starting to hate my stainless appliances because they looked so streaked and nasty! My niece gave me some to try and I can’t believe how good my appliances look now! They are beautiful and shining with my minimal effort!!" —Claudia Davis
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $14.28.
27. A pack of Mr. Clean Magic Erasers that you just add water to before you scrub and — BAM! — the mess is removed. You can use them to clean everything, from marks on walls to smudges on sneakers.
Promising review: "This is as magical as unicorns!!! Buy NOW! I use it everywhere... walls, baseboards, mirrors, window panes, cupboards, floors, lamps, glass, faucets... everything looks brand-new. Just got red hair dye that had been there for over a year off the wall in a minute. Made shower glass look brand-new after five years of hard water stains. This is the cleaning magic wand you’ve always wanted." —Michela
Get a pack of 10 from Amazon for $12.10.
28. Stove counter gap covers to prevent crumbs and spills from dripping down your appliance in the extremely narrow space between your stove and cabinet, because once it goes down there, you never see it again (but you sure can smell it).
Promising review: "I wish I had discovered this sooner. I cook a lot and it annoyed me whenever spills and crumbs would get in the gap between the stove and countertop. This was an effective and easy solution. It is easy to install. I ordered the size that covered the whole width of my counter, cut it to size and fit in between the crack. Because it is silicone, it is easy to take on and off to clean. I am not sure how much heat it can withstand but I just try not to put hot pans on it to be safe." —LLMama
Get them from Amazon for $7.99+ (available in 21" or 25").
29. A self-watering, self-aerating planter that just so happens to be the bestselling garden pot on Amazon. Each pot can hold up to two weeks' worth of water, so you fill it up and then replace the water as needed. It's also 100% BPA-free.
30. A purse hanger that can hold up to six regular sized handbags. The days of your purses accumulating dust on the closet floor will finally be behind you!
31. A pack of stain-removing, nontoxic cleaning cups for the quickest, easiest Keurig cleaning ever. Simply use one of the cups a few times in a row — or until the water runs clear — and boom, you're done!
Promising review: "Okay, so these cleaner pods are awesome! I didn't know how gross our Keurig was until today. The big mason jar on the left is when I actually ran the cleaner through plus one rinse cycle. The middle one is another rinse cycle and the last one, on the right, is the last one I did. So yes, I would suggest running two or three rinse cycles instead of the recommended one. But it's still an awesome product for the price! I have a Keurig 2.0 and I had no issues." —Mads0421
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $9.95.