Barbie Breakout, a well-known German drag queen and DJ, has had it with Russia’s anti-gay propaganda law. In a video entitled “Open Your Mouth,” Breakout stares into the camera for a moment and then begins to sew her mouth shut with a needle and cotton thread. It’s painful to watch but, of course, that’s the point.
“The pain I felt inside when I had to see in the media what is happening in Russia was greater than the physical pain of the needle. My partner held the camera while I did it. But he couldn’t look,” Breakout told Die Welt. “In my youth I had more holes in an ear than through my mouth in this performance. Apart from a small bruise on my left upper lip, everything has healed up again. It was about symbolism, not about self-harm.”
3. Again, you’ve been warned.
- Donald Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new national security adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- Famine in South Sudan has left 100,000 people facing starvation and nearly 8 million in need of immediate assistance, UN agencies say.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it's the definition of friendship goals 😎