People Are Sharing Things That Are Easier When You're Unattractive And It's Eye-Opening
Some interesting examples.
Here's what they said:
2. "Getting old. This is the most important example. Beauty is fleeting, and I see a mental health crisis with so many people unable to cope with aging. What's worse is how it is even exploited."
5. "Literally everything. I can go to the store without worrying that I’m going to be hit on or anything like that. I haven’t dated in 17 years, so I don’t have to worry about significant others or dating."
6. "Being unbothered. If I'm in a baggy hoodie with the hood up and sweatpants, no one bothers me at a bus stop. If I have a dress on, 7 times out of 10 people either get too close or start chatting. My solution is just pretending I don't speak English."
8. "Being friends with the opposite sex. I love having some guy friends. If you're not attractive, you won't make their girlfriends jealous."
10. "Honestly, not remembering people and getting forgotten. I used to obsess over this when I was younger, but now I just forgot about it honestly. I have met both very attractive people and very unattractive people, and to be honest I go by the old saying from my region (The Balkans): 'We are all bloody under the skin.' What makes me special is that I am not special, and when you accept that truth, life just gets easier because at the end it's your life and you are the one in control."
12. "Knowing which men are bad people. I have really attractive friends who men will put on a whole show and brand-new angelic personality for, but I see right away how they treat women they don’t want to bang. You’re not a good person if you’re only good to people you want something from. And sooner or later, the truth comes out for everyone to see."
13. "Being faithful. I've been faithful to my wife for over 20 years, but it's not really an accomplishment because nobody wants to have sex with me. Now, a really good-looking guy who has lots of women interested in him? If he's faithful for 20 years, that's something to brag about."
14. "This may be unpopular, but — love. Everyone who has a happy love life I know is unattractive. Beauty attracts people who are only interested in your looks. It's like money. Real love and happiness are not related to money or beauty."
Do YOU have any examples they might've missed? Let me know in the comments below.
Note: Responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.