People Are Calling Out How Poorly Made Modern Homes Are, And It’s Fascinating To Me As Someone Who Will Never Own A Home
"I don’t need to see you taking a dump from my bed."
Here's what they said:
1. "When they have like 10 different rooflines that are only a foot or two deep. Are they hoping it looks like an older house that's had many add-ons done?"
2. "In high-end, gated community developments, the fronts of the homes are beautiful stone, brick, etc., but on the back every house has cheap ugly vinyl siding all the same color as far as the eye can see. I never understood this, since you actually spend time in the backyard, not the front."
5. "Lack of storage space. Just bought a new home and didn’t realize how little space there was. We have one storage closet upstairs. That’s it."
6. "Hollow interior doors that don't keep sound out from within the house and hallways — especially hollow bedroom doors when you're trying to sleep."
8. "Most sinks are absolutely terrible. Looking better is nice, but not at the expense of hitting your hand on the bowl every time you wash your hands."
9. "Bedrooms that are only just big enough for a double or queen bed and a nightstand."
10. "Removing stair banisters for a crisp look. Like, your drunk friend Brooks is going to fall off the side and die one day. There are building codes for a reason."
12. "The fireplace design where you are intended to put your TV over it. A TV is way too high when over the fireplace."
13. "Small laundry rooms, small pantries, no linen closets, but here’s a 20x20 media room to watch TV."
14. "Barn doors are so stupid. It’s a heavier, more expensive, harder to open door. And then it still has a public bathroom-style gap that eliminates actual privacy."
Did they miss any? Let me know in the comments below!
Responses edited for length/clarity.