Hi! My name is Ryan, and I recently purchased my first condo with my partner. Buying stuff — whether it's home goods, furniture, knickknacks, decor, odds and ends — for your first place can be hard, especially because there is SO many products out there. From 16.5"-thick mattresses to self-watering plants to washer-friendly rugs, here are some of the best first-home products, knickknacks, and more to snag!
4. A gorgeous black and ivory Jonathan Adler rug from Ruggable (yes, they carry Jonathan Adler) that you can throw in the washer!
5. A self-watering large indoor fiddle-leaf plant from Easyplant, so your plant can thrive and you can relax!
6. An Artisan Citrus Juicer from Verve Culture because everyone knows fresh lemons is the key to happiness.
7. An Amazon reviewer favorite — a GURIN chrome-plated luxury shower head with a bunch of adjustable angles and nozzles:
8. A minimalist, chic Sharp Air Purifier for medium-sized rooms so you can sleep and live with A+ air quality, despite what's happening outside.
9. A Sway mini karaoke machine — appropriately titled Minioke — for the nights you stay in or have friends over:
10. Or if you want something less playful, a SONOS Era 300 speaker for playing Taylor Swift's Speak Now (Taylor's Version) in high quality.
14. A jewelry box/watch storage/valet tray container from Stock Your Home, so your dresser doesn't look cluttered as heck:
15. And you could fill that box with a beautiful sterling silver ring from the up-and-coming jewelry brand Lolovivi, who donates to Humans Right Campaign, Race Forward, and Perception Institute with every purchase! Yes, I know this isn't technically a home good but... you (and I) deserve a little treat for being SUCH an adult.
16. A SimpleHuman stainless trash can with recycler for easily separating your garbage and recyclables.
17. And a stainless-steel, rechargeable SimpleHuman sensor soap dispenser to add a small dose of luxury to your sink setup.
18. A Statement Home interchangeable clear acrylic tray with versatile inserts for switching up the vibe in seconds.
19. A long-lasting Rose Box that's perfect for centerpieces, accent pieces, punctuating an end table, and more.
20. A Beard Club Adjustable Beard Trimmer, so you can ditch the disposable razor blades and keep your place as neat as possible:
21. A set of Lake Pajamas for lounging, sleeping, and enjoying a nice glass of wine on the couch watching true crime documentaries.
22. A wireless, smart meat thermometer from MEATER, so you never overcook/undercook your food again.
23. A OneWheel GT for anyone who commutes and wants to shave some minutes off by speeding by everyone.
25. A RoboRock Q5 robot vacuum for someone who loves the look of a vacuumed house, but hates the idea of actually vacuuming.
27. An 18"-wide Vista double hanging closet insert for anyone who wants to keep their closet organized and streamlined:
28. A Tito's In Big Can stainless steel mini keg for the ultimate party piece and conversation starter.
29. Or a super cute, cheeky case of Gay Water — aka vodka, soda water, and some natural flavor — that will make any pregame or gayvent amazing.
30. An AirEsscentials Bluetooth-enabled, programmable scent diffuser, so whenever someone walks in your home, they're immediately inundated with beautifully luxurious scents:
32. And if you need books to put on top — there's a a hilarious new memoir Is It Hot in Here (Or Am I Suffering for All Eternity for the Sins I Committed On Earth)? from comedian Zach Zimmerman.
33. Or for a more serious but empowering book, there's former Vogue and Harper's Bazaar editor Maureen Lippe's memoir Radical Reinvention: Reimagine, Reset, Reinvent in a Disruptive World.
34. And lastly, this super innovative light therapy sleep mask from Lumos, for anyone who wants this Stanford University-backed product that ensures you'll have the best naps ever.
Some reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.