2. As Rick told the book’s illustrator, Yoni Limor, he wanted Evan to know his family is both special and normal:
I wanted Evan to see that his family was special but also normal. Yoni put personal aspects in the book as well. When we turned one of the pages and Evan saw himself holding Buzz Lightyear, his favorite character, he lit up with joy.
You see, Evan’s not my biological son, but he’s my whole world and I wanted to propose in a way that we could have a memento for Evan to cherish for years to come. He is too young to know that I am not his biological father so I thought this book would also be the perfect catalyst when the conversation of how our family came to be arises in a few years.
- Politics in France were redrawn Sunday as pro-EU Macron and far-right Le Pen advanced to a runoff in the country's presidential election 🇫🇷
- US Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Sunday that DREAMers, like "everyone that enters the country unlawfully," are "subject to deportation."
- North Korea has arrested a third American citizen amid a dramatic escalation in tensions with the United States.
- Drag queens, puppies, and Lisa Rinna — BuzzFeed News got a behind the scenes look of "Watch What Happens Live."