3. Garcia told NBC affiliate KPRC-TV that he couldn’t ignore the comment:
“I heard the man say, ‘Special needs children need to be special somewhere else’… My personal feelings took over, and I told him, ‘I’m not going to be able to serve you, Sir… How could you say that?… How could you say that about a beautiful 5-year-old angel?’”
5. Later that night Kim shared a statement with 2-95.com:
“Tonight was a first. Dinner at Laurenzo’s and a family of 4 asked to be moved from the booth next to us. I didn’t think that much about it but shortly after they left the restaurant entirely, glancing at our table as they left (thought I was being paranoid). As it turns out they told the waiter, ‘special needs kids should be kept in special places.’ The waiter promptly told them he was offended by their comment and refused to serve them. Yay for people like Michael, Candace and Eric at Laurenzo’s (also waiters who everyone should go tip heavily) who not only love (my son) Milo for who he is — a customer and little boy with Down syndrome, but stand up for him no matter what.”
- The Women's March on Washington was one of the largest protests in the city's history.
- Members of the national security community reacted with shock after Trump attacked his critics while giving a speech at CIA headquarters.
- "SNL" featured a shirtless Vladimir Putin celebrating America's newest President.