2. Hill told BuzzFeed that she wanted to lampoon the unrealistic standards beauty ads have been following over the years:
The inspiration was from noticing beauty ads over the years looking unrealistically perfect, and thinking that they may as well be advertising Photoshop than what they sell. I just decided to make a fun, exaggerated parody of the ads and turn them around to make Photoshop the beauty product, instead.
5. Though there have been a few people who thought that maybe the project had more to do with her own insecurities:
Most people have been awesome and supportive. I have seen plenty of negative comments, saying that I’m trying to make myself feel better by saying all models are ugly, which obviously was not the point. Most people have seen pictures of celebrities without makeup, with cellulite, and so on.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists say they've discovered an eighth continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.