1. Iron And Wine’s quiet acoustic cover of “Such Great Heights”
2. Confide’s screamo cover of “Such Great Heights”
3. Miel’s incredibly gorgeous take on “The District Sleeps Alone Tonight”
4. The Shins’ jangly acoustic cover of “We Will Become Silhouettes”
5. This version of “Recycled Air” performed in a backyard for an audience of little kids
6. Streetlight Manifesto’s full-horn section ska cover of “Such Great Heights”
7. Ben Folds’ Ben Folds-y cover of “Such Great Heights”
8. This girl with a knit hat’s version of “Clark Gable,” with a special cameo by her dog
9. Frank Turner’s stripped-down cover of “The District Sleeps Alone Tonight”
Also, his full-band cover of “District Sleeps Alone Tonight”
10. The Section Quartet’s string version of “Such Great Heights”
11. Here’s a piano instrumental version of “This Place Is A Prison”
12. Birdy’s melancholy piano cover of “District Sleeps Alone Tonight”
13. Firebrand Boy’s chiptune cover of “Such Great Heights”
14. And Owl City’s “Fireflies,” which I didn’t know WASN’T a Postal Service cover until just now (You don’t have to listen to this one).
This is not technically a cover since he wrote the song, but here’s Ben Gibbard doing a solo acoustic version of “We Will Become Silhouettes”
Also, not really a cover, but here’s Kid Cudi’s “Man On The Moon” mashed up with “Such Great Heights”
- It's time: Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump will face off tonight at 9 p.m. ET in the first of three US presidential debates.
- Inside the final days of the FARC, Colombia's 50-year-old rebel group, which is on the verge of signing a peace treaty with the government.
- Golf legend Arnold Palmer has died at 87. Known as "The King," his unusual style and charisma changed the game.