1. Many New Jersey towns charge you to step foot on the beach. Do your research in advance and know which ones charge, require badges or are free.
2. Out of 217 miles of coastal area, one little part of Sandy Hook beach might leave you a little surprised if you don't see the warning signs.
3. You may be in a rush to get to the beachfront before it's too crowded, but remember to stock up on plenty of sun screen first!
4. Many shore towns have privately owned parking lots that are usually manned by an attendant. Be sure that the guy asking for your money is actually the parking attendant. Yes, it happens.
5. In the moment it might seem like a great idea to buy a wacky boardwalk t-shirt. Save your money. You're never ever ever going to really wear it in public.
6. Remember, you can't pump your own gas in New Jersey. And if you have to open the gas tank from inside the car, do it before the attendant arrives. They hate asking you and chances are you won't be able to understand them anyway.
7. There are plenty of road signs to guide you. They may not lead you to gas or lodging. However, if you need donuts right away then Jersey's got your back!
8. If you really need a side of Marinara sauce then your local WAWA convenience store is the place to go. There is always a WAWA nearby when you are down the shore.
9. There are lots of seagulls at the shore and they love french fries. Guard them well!
10. If you don't have an E-Z Pass then bring plenty of change. The Garden State Parkway has a tollbooth every .3 miles. Well not exactly, but close.
11. New Jersey has the most diners in the world. It also has the most toxic waste dumps in the nation. Do your homework, some of these diners also double as a toxic waste dump.
12. Don't try to be funny with a native and ask "What Exit?" We get the joke and we're tired of it!
13. Also, don't come to Jersey and ask "Where's Snooki?" She's not even from New Jersey and that's the first thing we'll tell you!
14. When in Atlantic City, don't bother to hover over the old ladies at the slots. They're not moving until the buffet opens or they run out of smokes.
15. Finally, this one is a good piece of advice no matter where you are: Pay Your Taxes!
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!