Just when you thought it was safe to go back on the internet, here are YET MORE AMAZING FELINE FACTS for your delectation.
1. Cats can drink seawater.
2. But they can’t taste sweet things.
3. Some cats have thumbs.
4. But that's exactly what cat with thumbs would want us to think.
5. The furry tufts on the inside of cats’ ears are called “ear furnishings”.
6. Cats can hear dolphins. Theoretically.
8. But cats can’t see directly below their noses. That’s why they miss food that’s right in front of them.
9. Isaac Newton invented the cat flap after his own cat, Spithead, kept opening the door and spoiling his light experiments.
And when Spithead had kittens, he cut each kitten a cat flap of its own.
13. Adult cats don’t release any particular key hormones during sleep. They just snooze all day because they can.
14. In fact, cats sleep so much that, by the time a cat is 9 years old, it will only have been awake for three years of its life.
21. Cats can run 3 mph faster than Usain Bolt.
Usain's record is 27 mph. A domestic cat's fastest time is 30 mph.