24 Batshit Insane Facts About Australia
Our former prime minister drowned so we named a pool after him.
1. Australia's population will hit 24 million at 12.51am on Tuesday, AEDT. Here's a photo of some of us voting.
2. Our prime minister went for a swim one day in 1967 and was never seen again. We named a pool after him.
3. Another prime minister, Bob Hawke, once held a world record for drinking a yard glass of beer in 11 seconds. Here he is having another crack in 2012.
4. Found off the coast of northern Australia, the box jellyfish has the most poisonous venom in the world. It will fuck you right up.
5. Australia is the largest island and the smallest and flattest continent on Earth, as well as the driest inhabited continent.
[Note: An earlier version of this post left out the word 'inhabited']