1. A road sign in Western Australia.
Distances in km. Warburton is 305 miles away.
2. Space is closer than the nearest town.
3. Space!? Yep. The Kármán line, 100km (62 miles) above sea level, commonly represents the boundary between Earth’s atmosphere and outer space.
5. The sign is on the outskirts of Carnegie Station, WA.
6. It marks the start of The Gunbarrel Highway.
9. Better make sure you’ve got supplies.
10. Carnegie Station is the last fuel stop for 500km.
12. And maybe don’t watch this before setting off.
13. Want to work for BuzzFeed Australia?
BuzzFeed is seeking hungry, culture maniacs obsessed with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending, and talking about to write for BuzzFeed Australia: Apply here.