Or maybe you were a Bell’s, Pancheros, Conrad’s, or Pizza House kind of Spartan.
5. You wanted to scream when friends from small schools complained about long walks to class.
Yeah, walk from Brody Complex to South Hubbard in three feet of snow and get back to me.
6. You loved getting away for winter break, but loved seeing this on I-69 or I-96 during the drive back even more:
7. Sometimes you could accurately guess where someone lived based on their clothes.
Usually it was residents of Snyder-Phillips.
11. You had a crazy, annoying cousin who rooted for [any other Big Ten school] and mistook you for caring.
Cousin Johnny constantly reminded you he’s an enormous Indiana Hoosiers fan, even though he had absolutely no reason to be. (Let’s not even start on those good ole Walmart Wolverines.)
I mean, he came all the way from Scotland to do this — of course the movie was about us.
I mean, c’mon. Spartans balance having brains with their boozing habits perfectly.
17. You weren’t entirely sure what exists west of Brody Complex (besides knowing the Capitol building is down that road).
…until senior year, when you discovered Lansing actually has some spunky bars and restaurants, and a totally BAMF city market, and you felt kind of terrible about never leaving EL the past three years.
- This dad had the most adorable freak out to his family when he met his first alpaca 😂