1. A Virgin Australia plane was evacuated in Bali after a passenger apparently attempted to enter the cockpit.
2. An Indonesian transport official told local station Metro TV the pilot of Flight VA41 reported a “hijacking” after the passenger tried to enter the cockpit.
4. A Virgin spokesperson said the passenger was drunk and there had been no hijacking.
6. Heru Sudjatmiko, a Virgin Australia official, was quoted by the BBC:
This is no hijacking, this is a miscommunication.
There was a drunk passenger, intoxicated and aggressively behaved. He was trying to enter the cockpit, banging the door but he did not enter the cockpit.
7. The Virgin plane is now parked at the south apron of Denpasar’s Ngurah Rai Airport.
8. The spokesperson said the plane had been evacuated and all the passengers were unharmed.
The airport is said to still be open.
9. Update — April 25, 11:04 a.m. BST:
The passenger has been named by Bali police as 28-year-old Australian Matt Christopher.