1. Fox News anchor Shepard Smith unveiled a new set today, a futuristic room of giant iPad-like screens that make their ever-present staff look like the cast of The Magic School Bus.
Either Fox News just bought a bunch of gigantic iPads or they employ very, very tiny people.
5. The “Fox News Deck” blew viewers’ minds.
Shep’s working the deck!!!
7. At first, commentary was mostly just playfully snarky.
Shep Smith will now demonstrate the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station. via @sfiegerman
Fox News has gone full pre-cog
On The Media
The giant iPads in the new fox news studio remind us of Magic Screen from Pee Wee’s Playhouse http://t.co/QRvEfNBYLD
11. But it wasn’t long before folks offered up other ways to use the larger-than-life tablets.
13. Solitaire, anyone?
15. This could be a long game.
17. HuffPo got one-upped.
We couldn’t resist.
20. Gravity 2: Shep in Space.
That’s no moon! #ShepShip cc @hale_razor
@TwitchyTeam Did you see Shep’s new Co-Anchor?
Am I the only one that thinks the new Shep set looks like the bridge of a spaceship? #ShepShip
As USS Shep Smith is launched into space, CNN has also launched a competitor breaking news center —> @EWErickson
25. Fox News wants to know if you want your news via the red pill or the blue pill.
Agent Smith wants to bring breaking news to you, Mr. Anderson. cc: @BenHowe
27. Dammit, Microsoft.
- Donald Trump denied that he had the sniffles during last night's debate — he blamed the sound on a bad mic.
- Democrats are wary after Trump said he agreed with Clinton on gun control during Monday night's debate.
- The FDA wants to define what "healthy" actually means on food labels 🍎