GRAVY: It’s important. It’s so important that if you don’t have it, your Thanksgiving meal isn’t really going to be Thanksgiving. It’s just going to be a big beige plate of dry, starchy sadness.
But the thing is that you might — if you don’t have the right stuff on hand or if you get to the end of hours of Thanksgiving cooking and realize that OH, CRANBERRIES you completely forgot about the gravy and the masses are starting to agitate for food and it’s too late to make it now — you just might find yourself turning to instant gravy from a jar, can, pouch, box, packet, tin, envelope, or other container of some kind.
We girded our dippin’ turkey bits and tried these seven brands of gravy*, so that you know what to buy just in case things don’t go as planned tomorrow:
Pacific Organic Turkey Gravy (box)
Heinz Homestyle Roasted Turkey Gravy (jar)
McCormick Turkey Gravy Mix (packet)
Knorr Roasted Turkey Gravy Mix (packet)
Campbell’s Turkey Gravy (can)
Imagine Organic Roasted Turkey Gravy (box)
Simply Organic Turkey Gravy Mix (packet)
*We bought what we could get our hands on at local (NYC) supermarkets. If we missed your absolute favorite brand and you’re convinced it was robbed, that’s rotten luck and we are deeply, truly sorry.
3. Here’s what happened…
7. LOSER: Imagine Organic Roasted Turkey Gravy
As with our mashed potatoes taste test, the organic gravy brands that were less loaded with indecipherable, delicious chemicals tasted fairly awful. If you’re going processed, go all the way.
“Not EVEN trying.”
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.