1. Bananas, eggs, and peanut butter are all you need to make healthy, gluten-free pancakes.
2. Dates are a great way to naturally sweeten smoothies or shakes.
3. Put fruit compote on pancakes or waffles instead of butter and syrup.
4. Upgrade sandwiches by spreading them with avocado instead of mayo.
5. Swap crispy baked zucchini for the usual fries.
6. Snack on frozen grapes instead of candy or cookies.
7. Cut the fat in dip way down by using Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
8. Use Greek or regular yogurt instead of mayo in tuna, chicken, and egg salad.
9. Sprinkle nutritional yeast on popcorn instead of cheese.
10. Use potatoes or cashews (instead of cream) to make blended soups smooth and creamy.
11. Make a healthy, low-carb pizza crust with cauliflower.
12. Swap meat for whole grains (quinoa, bulgur, etc.) or mushrooms to make chili healthier.
13. Use oatmeal instead of breadcrumbs to make healthier meatballs and meatloaf.
14. Peel zucchini into ribbons to make healthy veggie "spaghetti."
15. You can thinly slice zucchini or eggplant to make pasta-free lasagna.
16. Cauliflower makes an amazing healthy alternative to rice.
17. Spaghetti squash does a very convincing impression of almost any noodle.
18. Bake crispy chicken with almonds instead of flour or breadcrumbs.
19. Try using lettuce to wrap tacos instead of tortillas.
20. You can bake high-protein, gluten-free brownies with black bean puree instead of flour.
21. Avocado is a great substitute for butter in baking.
22. Applesauce can replace oil (and some sugar) to make healthier cakes.
23. You can whip and freeze evaporated milk to make healthy two-ingredient ice cream.
24. Try using almond flour instead of wheat flour in baking recipes.
25. Turn frozen bananas into magic, delicious soft-serve "ice cream."
27. Instead of drinking soda, add cucumber, lemon, or mint to seltzer.
Graphics by Chris Ritter for BuzzFeed.