L.A. Times reports:
“Dick Cheney cancels Toronto trip, says Canada is too dangerous,” bleated the headline in the National Post, which made the story a featured headline pick Tuesday on its homepage at www.nationalpost.com.
Ryan Ruppert, president of promotions company Spectre Live Corp., which scheduled Cheney’s April 24 appearance at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, said Cheney and his daughter, Elizabeth, canceled citing safety concerns.
“After speaking with their security advisors, they changed their mind on coming to the event,” Ruppert told CTV Network. They “decided it was better for their personal safety they stay out of Canada.”
Liberal radio show host Sam Seder had some fun with the story today.
- The men who attacked Istanbul's main airport on Tuesday, killing 44 people, were from Russia, Uzbekistan, and Kyrgyzstan.
- During the 2014 Scottish referendum, Trump said independence would be "devastating" for Scotland. Last week he celebrated Brexit.
- A federal judge halted Mississippi's anti-LGBT religious exemption law moments before it was set to go into effect.