1. You Have My Heart Card
Make an interactive card to let someone know they have your heart. Aga from Passion Shake created this one; follow her simple steps.
Materials: blank white paper stock card or any other thick paper folded in two, a matchbox, double-sided tape, pastel and neon masking tapes in different patterns, word print-outs in different fonts (YOU/HAVE/MY), pieces of white paper, pieces of colorful paper, flower cut-outs, pink decorative string, toothpick, black pen/paint/crayon, and scissors.
1. Place and wrap a double-sided tape around the matchbox.
2. Cut out pieces of white paper and place it around the matchbox to make it white.
3. Decorate the box with colorful masking tapes and flower cut-outs.
1. Place a double-sided tape on the matchbox and stick it to the card .
2. Make two holes on both sides of the box and put the string through them. Then wrap the string around the box and make a knot on the other side of the card.
3. Decorate the edges of the card with masking tapes
4. Using double sided-tape seal the word cut-outs with the pieces of colorful paper and then with the card. Decorate edges of the words with yellow neon paper.
1. Cut out 3 different colored hearts for the multicolor effect.
1. Color a toothpick and some white paper using your black pen/paint/crayon.
2. Cut out wo triangles of the same size for an arrowhead. Place double-sided tape on both triangle.
3. Place one triangle on a flat surface, then place a toothpick on top of it. Gently place the second triangle on top of the toothpick, sealing them together
7. Repeat the same steps for the arrow ends but now using different shape ( as shown in the picture).
8. Once they are sealed together, cut a v-shape in the bottom edge, and trim it.
9. Attach the arrow to the card using masking tape.
Give the card to your loved one and watch them open the box !
2. I Love You More Than…
Show them how much you really love them (more than bacon? red wine?) with a foldable paper heart chain, like this one created by Alyssa and Carla.
Materials: a piece of construction paper cut into a 4” x 4” square (color doesn’t matter— the one shown used green), a long strip of red paper 30” x 4” (wrapping the paper on a roll of craft paper works well), a piece of grey construction paper or cardstock, letter stamps and a stamp pad or letter stickers (or if you have amazing hand-writing, just a high-quality pen or marker), decorations for the pictures (pens, markers, stickers, shape punches, stamps, etc.), glue (either a glue stick, rubber cement, or white glue), scissors>
1. Create a heart template with the 4” x 4” piece of paper. Fold it in half, like a book. Draw half of a heart onto the paper, with the fold in the center of the heart. Cut out the shape and open it up into a full heart. Trim the edges until you like the resulting heart shape.
2. Keeping the good side of the paper on the inside, fold the long 4” x 30” piece of paper in half three times. The end result will be about 4” x 3.75”.
3. Use the heart you created in step 1 to trace the heart shape onto the paper. You want the left and right edges of the template to hang over the edges of the paper, so the hearts will have a connecting point on either side.
4. Cut the heart out and unfold to reveal the heart chain.
5. Modify the template heart by cutting a half inch around the edge, creating a slightly smaller version of the same heart.
6. Trace this smaller heart onto the thicker piece of paper 8 times. Cut out each heart.
7. Use the letter stamps or stickers to write “I love you more than…” on one cut out heart. Glue it to the first heart in the chain. Write “Happy Valentine’s Day” on another cut out heart and glue it onto the last heart in the chain.
8. Choose 3 things that you want to list to illustrate just how much you love your Valentine. Make it personal! The card shown picked bacon, snow days and red wine. Use stickers, cut out shapes, or draw images that correspond to each of your items on 3 of the cut-out hearts. Use the letter stamps or stickers to write each item that you chose on the remaining 3 cut-out hearts.
9. Glue each of the cut out hearts onto the middle hearts in the chain. When the glue is dry, fold the hearts up accordion-style into a little Valentine’s booklet.
3. I Will Always Want to Spoon Card
Daria from Kittenhood created this adorable “I Will Always Want to Spoon” Card. Follow her simple directions below.
Materials: printable templates (below), scissors, a small plastic spoon, pink or red nail polish, and strong glue.
1. Paint the front of the spoon with nail polish and let it dry. Apply a second coat and let that one dry too.
2. Print out the “I will always want to” template of your choice on A4 paper. Each file makes two cards. Alternatively, you can handwrite your own. Fold your card in half.
3. Glue the spoon in place to the card and you’re done!
- Donald Trump's campaign CEO Stephen Bannon and an associate were accused of sexual harassment in a 1990s court case.