1. There are about 600,000 rules that no one knows but that everyone follows for the use of "tu" (you) and "vous" (you).
2. BUT THEN THERE'S ONE WORD THAT HAS A MILLION DAMNED MEANINGS!
3. You know what "the green worm goes towards the green glass" translates to? "LE VER VERT VA VERS LE VERRE VERT!!!"
4. And even the tiniest change to a word can totally fuck up its meaning.
5. The French way of counting is, let's say...
6. ...particular, at best...
7. ...and questionable at worst.
8. The counting is haphazard and it's amazing that this system has been in place as long as it has.
9. And French is just a disaster to translate English books into:
10. French idiomatic expressions are... exciting.
11. No kidding, sometimes they go a bit too far.
12. Accidents can happen so fast...
13. The education system is just a total wreck:
14. And the French names for various foods aren't terribly creative either:
15. In fact, they're often downright absurd:
16. And even when things could be uncomplicated, the French language finds a way to make them complicated.
This post was translated from French.