1. Miley Cyrus is 21, and Bangerz is her fifth No. 1 album.
2. Only one member of One Direction, Louis Tomlinson, is old enough to drink legally in the United States.
3. Lorde wrote “Royals,” one of the most popular songs of the year, when she was 16. She’s 17 now.
4. “22” is Taylor Swift’s 21st single to sell at least 1 million copies. She is 23.
6. Ten years ago, Selena Gomez was singing in a kiddie pool with Barney…
7. …and this year she had a top 10 hit with “Come and Get It,” a song in which she tells dudes to…come and get it.
10. We now live in a world where people have no idea who NSYNC are.
13. Outkast’s “Hey Ya” is now 10 years old.
14. Oh, and so is Beyoncé’s “Crazy in Love”…
15. …and R. Kelly’s “Ignition Remix.”
16. …and The Postal Service’s Give Up.
17. The Jonas Brothers broke up this year — seven years, one wedding, and one pregnancy after they first came onto the scene.
18. Daft Punk scored their first multiplatinum hit this year with “Get Lucky,” 19 years into their career.
21. Kids who started high school this year have never known a world without “Thong Song.”
23. …and this, of course, is Miley today.
- Former Israeli President Shimon Peres has died at 93. He was the country's longest-serving politician and statesman.
- Monday night's presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton was a horse show for undecided voters.
- And in a powerful note on her Facebook page, tennis star Serena Williams says she won't be silent about the police killings of black men.