1. This year, the bar for bad Christmas trees was set spectacularly high with this one in Haddenham, Cambridgeshire.
3. This health-and-safety-conscious tree in north Oxford was hard to love.
5. Almost 1,000 people joined a Facebook group, The Embarrassment Of Mottram Christmas Tree, in honour of this beauty in Mottram, Greater Manchester.
6. This "tree" in Mier, Stoke-on-Trent, is a load of rubbish – specifically, plastic bags collected by local schoolchildren.
7. A whole Facebook group was set up in protest at this festive scene in Liscard, on the Wirral.
It now has some fancy lights but the festive health-and-safety fence remains.