1. Its value is unbeatable.
2. Even in London.
3. Good luck trying to find anywhere else offering this immortal deal.
4. Or how about the CURRY CLUB every Thursday?
5. Or the fairly respectable Sunday roast?
6. OK, the food isn't exactly Michelin-starred, but at least it's not pretentious.
7. Check out how the gin and tonic price compares to London hotels.
8. JUST LOOK AT ALL THE BEERS – LOOK AT THEM.
HOW ARE THEY SO CHEAP? WHAT IS GOING ON?
9. There is top rate "banter".
10. There are always some friendly locals.
11. Wetherspoons has WIFI, is always open and no one minds you hanging around in there all day.
12. And, if you like, you can get a pint ridiculously early and no one judges you.
13. J.D. Wetherspoon is named after a teacher who told the company's founder, Tim Martin, he'd never succeed in business.
14. Even though it gets busy, you can expect a British orderly queue.
15. Wetherspoons uses local buildings that might otherwise get knocked down, like swimming pools, churches and post offices.
And while the British pub industry continues to shrink – at a rate of about 18 a week, according to CAMRA – Wetherspoons opened 29 pubs last year and passed the 900 mark this year, with more to come.