1. Its value is unbeatable.
2. Even in London.
7. Check out how the gin and tonic price compares to London hotels.
9. There is top rate “banter”.
10. There are always some friendly locals.
11. Wetherspoons has WIFI, is always open and no one minds you hanging around in there all day.
15. Wetherspoons uses local buildings that might otherwise get knocked down, like swimming pools, churches and post offices.
And while the British pub industry continues to shrink – at a rate of about 18 a week, according to CAMRA – Wetherspoons opened 29 pubs last year and passed the 900 mark this year, with more to come.
This one in Tunbridge Wells is ridiculous.
17. Spoons isn’t just for boozehounds, it’s for lovers too.
18. And don’t forget Christmas.
19. It’s great if you’ve got kids – they do a drawing competition. Even through pissed adults enter their own ironic efforts.
These people really like bhajis.
Funny how a lot of very positive letters get printed in the mag.
21. They opened a pub on a motorway – Junction 2 of the M40 at Beaconsfield – which is either amazing or represents the downfall of civilisation.
(It’s actually amazing).
22. You can get married in them!
The Knights Templar on Chancery Lane in London is licensed to carry out weddings. And what a splendid place to have one.