13 Things That Prove Gothic Art Is Enchanting And Beautiful
"Listen to them, the children of the night. What music they make!" – Dracula, Bram Stoker
2. "Li II" by H.R. Giger
3. Woman in skeleton make-up, at the Wave Gotik Treffen festival in Germany, 2013
4. "Whitby Abbey" by Anne Sudworth
5. The cover of Bauhaus's 1979 debut 12-inch single, "Bela Lugosi's Dead"
6. "Alice Got Her Neck Slashed in Wonderland" by Taya Uddin
7. "Rosie Poe and Crowley the Cat" by Aly Fell
8. "Beauty Is Only Skin Deep" by Eric Pigors
9. The Legendary Batcave Tapes by Alien Sex Fiend
10. A mind-controlled Mechapolypse dress, created by Italian clothing designer Nange Magro
11. "Monster Brides" by Dan Brereton
12. "Dark Nouveau" by Malleus
13. "Unveiled Obscurity" by Kris Kuksi
All images and text from The Art of Gothic by Natasha Scharf, published by Omnibus Press in the UK and Backbeat Books in North America.
The book is being launched on Friday 31 October at the British Library as part of its gothic exhibition.
Natasha Scharf is also taking part in the British Library's Day of Gothic Music and Culture, on Sunday 9 November, and the Louder than Words Festival, in Manchester on 16 November.