16 Apocalyptic Images Of Hen Nights And Stag Dos In Blackpool
There are party towns, and then there's Blackpool. All the images were taken by Scottish photographer Dougie Wallace in 2012 and 2013.
1. Blackpool. The Lancashire town that for more than a century has hosted holidaymakers from across the country.
2. But in recent years it's become one of the country's premier stag and hen do destinations.
3. Every weekend, bands of men and women celebrate someone's last night of freedom. Fancy dress is non-negotiable.
5. There are even divorcee parties these days.
6. Inflatable penies are a hen do mainstay.
7. As are "horny devil" horns.
8. You can still see the occasional naked man strapped to a lamp-post.
9. Young and old both take part in the fun.
11. There has been a steep rise in mankinis in last decade.
13. Some people see fit to recreate a scene from Dirty Dancing.
14. L plates are a must.
16. Why not try a Roman theme if you're looking for something a bit different.
An exhibition of Dougie Wallace's work, Stags, Hens and Bunnies – A Blackpool Story is being shown from July 25 to August 3 at Hoxton Gallery, 9 Kingsland Road, London.