1. When he blamed immigration for traffic on the M4, which made him late for a meeting.
2. That time he defended a UKIP parliamentary candidate for using the words "chinky" and "poofters", before deploying a defence once used by Alan Partridge.
3. When he got on a tank during a by-election campaign.
4. The many, many times he's been pictured in the pub, pint in hand, while on the campaign trail.
6. When he said he'd scrap racial discrimination laws because they are "not relevant today" and so that British companies could employ British people ahead of foreigners.
7. When he resigned as UKIP leader in May 2015, after UKIP failed to win the Thanet South seat in the general election...but stayed on anyway after the party rejected his resignation.
8. When he claimed he was the target of an assassination attempt after the wheel of his car came loose (but later said the claim was a mistake).
9. When he drove around in a massive anti-EU truck that was built in France.
10. When he led a flotilla down the Thames days before the EU referendum, chased by a rival fleet of Remain-supporting boats.
11. And when, aboard his anti-EU battleship, he said doctors had "got it wrong" on the risks of smoking.
12. When he met a supporter who has a tattoo of his face on her arm.
13. That time he said women who take maternity leave are "worth far less" to employers compared with women who sacrifice their family life for work.
14. That time he backtracked after saying British people should be wary if a Romanian family moved in next door to them.
15. When he refused to apologise for this poster. "I can't apologise for the truth," he said.
16. When he successfully campaigned for the UK to vote to leave the EU.
Patrick Smith is a senior reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Patrick Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.