4. The show was filled with first-rate recurring characters.
Tawny, who was fantastic in the sense that she didn’t need to explain herself to anyone.
Twitty, Louis’ BFF.
Tom Gribalski, who gave the word “nerdy” new meaning.
And Larry Beale, who was always trying to best Ren.
7. It taught us to always aspire to greatness.
Dream big, Louis.
Ren was the overachieving, perfectionist, type-A one.
Played to perfection by Christy Carlson Romano, of course.
11. At the end of the day, they were cool.
12. But while Ren and Louis were the true stars, let’s not forget about Donnie, who was a great (if slightly one dimensional) character in his own right.
Not the smartest, but he was good at sports.
13. And we had Mrs. Stevens, who was a great role model. She was a State Senator who was all about female empowerment.
A protest-leading, intelligent, and all-around fab character.
Or when Ren goes to the dentist on picture day. “You look like you’re smuggling meatballs from the cafeteria.”
18. One word: BEANS.
“Beans is like that policeman in Terminator 2. You know who I’m talking about? I swear, he goes liquid. He can fit through cracks in windows, under doors, through little keyholes.”
19. And on the topic of Beans, when it came to cultural trends, this show was way ahead of the game.
Before everyone and their mom was declaring their love for bacon, Beans was all over it.
22. It also was so fabulous that it got its own movie.
Who else remembers Family Fake Out?
24. Finally, even after all these years, and even though you’re now an adult, this show remains downright hilarious.
- From water jugs and dehydrated food to Faraday cages and unregistered vehicles, liberals are prepping for Donald Trump's presidency.
- Several people are trapped after an avalanche buried an Italian hotel Wednesday night following a succession of earthquakes.
- Federal agencies have put on a fireworks finale for the Obama administration, suing JPMorgan, Oracle, Fiat Chrysler, and Navient.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸