2. Telenovelas will forever be a staple of Spanish-language television.
You may not like them but your tias do.
3. Mexico is a hotbed of cinematic excellence.
Alfonso Cuaron most recently won a Best Director Oscar for a little film called Gravity. NBD.
11. The song El Raton Vaquero by Cri Cri was the first time you heard someone speak English.
17. A dance party isn’t a dance party without Los Angeles Azules.
27. And the power of the “iFUAAAAA!”?
34. Oaxaca and Puebla will always battle it out for the best mole sauce in the world!
What is mole? It’s a concoction of several different ingredients that could include peanuts, pine nuts, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, squash seeds, cilantro, seedless grapes, plantains, garlic, onion, cinnamon, chocolate, chili peppers like ancho, pasilla, mulato and chipotle. Not all are made the same, but they’re all delicious.
Number 30 has been changed to better represent my people. Thanks, Lailan!
- The men who attacked Istanbul's main airport on Tuesday, killing 44 people, were from Russia, Uzbekistan, and Kyrgyzstan.
- During the 2014 Scottish Referendum, Trump said independence would be "devastating" for Scotland. Last week he celebrated Brexit.
- A federal judge halted Mississippi's anti-LGBT religious exemption law moments before it was set to go into effect.