1. When your parents shut off the console at a crucial moment in the game.
In an era where “saves” were not the norm, this was a pretty big f****** deal.
2. The depression that followed this heartbreaking screen.
6. When Street Fighter 2010 had nothing to do with Street Fighter.
Child self: “Hadoukens in space? HELL YEAH!” …Oh, the disappointment…
7. When you were forced to buy the old console to get the new one.
Want the latest in Sega technology? Buy the old technology first.
Let’s remember the game that set the bar…
10. That person who did the same move over and over again in fighting games.
You know who you are…
11. That obnoxious kid who had a subscription to Nintendo Power.
He was better than you. And rich.
18. Multiplayer meant WAITING FOR YOUR DAMN TURN.
21. The time Nintendo and DC teamed up to slap you in the face with this monstrosity:
Those… damn… rings…
22. When game designers got extremely arrogant and put out ads like this:
John Romero designed such games as Quake and Doom. This was an ad for his highly-anticipated new game Daikatana. After hyping the game in interviews and portraying himself as a video game God, the game failed horrendously. Karma prevailed.
23. When games sped up the music to let you know YOU’RE ABOUT TO DIE.
24. When horrendous music killed your gaming experience.
25. Finding out the N64 had no video features.
Unlike the Playstation.
26. The laughable Japanese to English translation.
27. Watching contestants struggle on Nick Arcade.
31. When you faced off against an unforgiving CPU in the arcade version of Street Fighter.
The amount of quarters spent could pay off Sallie Mae.
32. When terrible gaming design cost you a life.
34. But you’ll always remember the time you bought one of these notorious consoles:
35. And of course, the most annoying/greatest GAME OVER jingle of all time.
- Donald Trump criticized NATO, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, and the European Union in an interview published Sunday.
- BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.
- Eight billionaires — all men — together own as much wealth as the world's poorest 3.7 billion people, a new report has revealed.
- There's a new HBO show called "The Young Pope" and the internet is having fun with it.