1. When your parents shut off the console at a crucial moment in the game.
In an era where “saves” were not the norm, this was a pretty big f****** deal.
2. The depression that followed this heartbreaking screen.
6. When Street Fighter 2010 had nothing to do with Street Fighter.
Child self: “Hadoukens in space? HELL YEAH!” …Oh, the disappointment…
7. When you were forced to buy the old console to get the new one.
Want the latest in Sega technology? Buy the old technology first.
Let’s remember the game that set the bar…
10. That person who did the same move over and over again in fighting games.
You know who you are…
11. That obnoxious kid who had a subscription to Nintendo Power.
He was better than you. And rich.
18. Multiplayer meant WAITING FOR YOUR DAMN TURN.
21. The time Nintendo and DC teamed up to slap you in the face with this monstrosity:
Those… damn… rings…
22. When game designers got extremely arrogant and put out ads like this:
John Romero designed such games as Quake and Doom. This was an ad for his highly-anticipated new game Daikatana. After hyping the game in interviews and portraying himself as a video game God, the game failed horrendously. Karma prevailed.
23. When games sped up the music to let you know YOU’RE ABOUT TO DIE.
24. When horrendous music killed your gaming experience.
25. Finding out the N64 had no video features.
Unlike the Playstation.
26. The laughable Japanese to English translation.
27. Watching contestants struggle on Nick Arcade.
31. When you faced off against an unforgiving CPU in the arcade version of Street Fighter.
The amount of quarters spent could pay off Sallie Mae.
32. When terrible gaming design cost you a life.
34. But you’ll always remember the time you bought one of these notorious consoles:
35. And of course, the most annoying/greatest GAME OVER jingle of all time.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.